North West Tasmania - Cradle Mountain and Arthur River Cruise
Departing Launceston, Hobart or Devonport
Returning Launceston, or Devonport
- Your tour on this day will depend on departure point visiting the gorgeous coastal towns of Ulverstone, Penguin and Sulphur Creek through to Burnie for your night's accommodation at the Duck House Inn B&B (when available)
- Today we will make our way down to Cradle Mountain and on the way we will visit the beautiful Guide Waterfalls.
- There is a short board walk around Dove Lake (if you like - and weather dependant). There are also shorter walks e.g. the Enchanted Forest (20 minutes)
- There is also Gustov Wandorfer's museum and also the Discovery Centre to have a look at and a worthwhile visit.
- You will then return to Burnie for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will make your way through to the Tarkine Wilderness Lodge to indulge in the tranquility of this beautiful untouched rainforest of Tasmania. You will be taken on a 2 and a half hour guided walk through the rainforest and enjoy a BBQ lunch.
- Here you will relax and enjoy your surrounds as this will be your accommodation for the night.
- Today you will make your way through to historic Stanley "The Nut" a gorgeous Georgian village. For those who wish they can take the chairlift to the top for panoramic views.
- Your night's accommodation will be at Tall Timbers in Smithtown.
- Today you can explore Dismal Swamp the only known Blackwood forest in the world. Its name is believed to have come from the experience early surveyors endured in 1828. Visitors are able to stroll down the 40m to the floor, take a gentle buggy ride or take a 110m slide to discover the delights of swamp fertility.
- We will then make our way through to Arthur River via the famous beach of Marrawah for your night's accommodation at Arthur River a pristine Tasmania wilderness area densely forested with myrtles, sassafras, celery top pine, laurels, blackwood and giant tree ferns. It is part of the famous Tarkine wilderness.It is a delightful coastal village.
- Today you will enjoy a Cruise on Arthur River , experience the lush greenery of Tasmania is reflected in the still tea-coloured waters. Sometimes you see White-bellied Sea-eagles perched in the trees with and the Tarkine Wilderness. An abundance of bird life can be heard and seen in this part of Tasmania. You can catch a glimpse of Azure Kingfishers with their distinct brilliant blue and orange colourings. Platypus can be sighted in their own habitat.
- Your night's accommodation will be in a self contained motel at Arthur River
- This morning via Cuta Rocks gigantic rocks on the wild southern coastline. This is a very untouched area of Tasmania and allows for exploring alot of the backroads returning to Smithtown via Irishtown for your night's accommodation at Tall Timbers in Smithtown.
- We will then make our way back through to Devonport or Launceston for your flight out (late afternoon or night sailing from Devonport)
$2169 per person (4 people)
$3479 per person (2 people)
Quotes given for other numbers
Private flexible touring
8 Night's accommodation with breakfasts included
Arthur River Cruise /Dismal Swamp Entry/Stanley Chairlift/Tarkine Walk
BBQ Lunch/2 course dinner with glass of wine
Please note that all prices are inclusive of GST
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence
Facebook Like Button
"My husband and myself spent 5 days four nights with Vicki Vicki picked up us at our hotel in hobart greeting us with her friendly happy smile Vicki would have to be one of th..."Trevor & Julie Lowe