Day Tour Huon Trail
Discover Southern Tasmania and The Huon Trail (30 minutes south of Hobart)
Experience the panoramic views during the winter snow capped mountains in the distance.
Pick up Hobart 9.00am
Return Hobart 5:00pm (approximately)
- This private tour takes you on alot of stunning scenery further down south than most people venture. This is the true heart of the Huon Valley.
- Your tour starts with a drive up to Mt Wellington with panoramic views across the city and beyond.
- Enjoy a panoramic coastal drive passing through Tinderbox and Howden to Margate with sweeping views to Bruny island.Stroll amongst the different carriages where Tasmania's last Passenger Train remains. It is commonly known as the Margate Train. Here you'll find the lollie shop to bring you back to your childhood favourites and great coffee. We stop here for morning tea.
- We then visit the Inverawe Native gardens with over 40,000 species of native plants and great historic interpretation trails of the exploration of the early explorers of this region not to mention the amazing bird life here.
- Our next stop is Hertzview Vineyard for a light lunch. This is a unique vineyard where they also make their own fortifid wines and liqueurs with no preservatives made from local berries...a little like a port. They also have a historic component here with the Heritage lister Italian Prisioners of war Pickers Huts where they worked as farm hands back in the 1930's.
- Tasmania i-Drive will take you for a beautiful scenic drive around the coastline of the D'Entrecasteaux Channel passing through picturesque villages of Middleton and Verona Sands while taking in some spectacular scenery.
- We will travel through Cygnet a historic country town and Huonville experiencing all the apple orchards and cherry farms while we drive back to Hobart.
- Your tour if time allows will also stop off at Willie Smiths Cider a 5th Generation Apple and Pear farm now making organic cider.
$110 per person (6 people)
$130 per person (5 people)
$160 per person (4 people)
$210 per person (3 people)
$225 per person (2 people)
Please note that all prices include GST
Quotes Given for larger groups
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
"I have just spent 3 days with Vicki travelling through the Western Tiers and the Tarkine Region . I saw so much more because of her passion and willingness to experience other..."Ange H.H.H.UK Traveller