Tasmania East Coast to Cradle Mountain
5 Day TOUR
Day 1 Fly into Hobart
Fly out of Launceston
- Today I would pick you up from Hobart Airport and take you on a short tour through historic Richmond and to see the famous Richmond Bridge and to some wineries if you wish.
- If you like Oysters I suggest a visit to the Barilla Bay Oyster Farm if you arrive around lunchtime
- There is also an option of visiting TASALIVE for an Abalone factory tour
- I would also take you on a short city tour of Hobart including Mt Wellington before taking you to your accommodation.
- Your accommodation would be in Hobart
- Today we drive up to Freycinet NP via a stop off at Kates Berry Farm fantastic arrays of local produce – berries – chocolates – jams – sauces and panoramic views.
- Discover the spectacular Hazards – enjoy a short 1 hour walk the top of the wineglass bay lookout and I will drive you up to Cape Tourville Lighthouse with 360 degree spectacular views of Wine Glass Bay and beyond. The views are stunning here.
- There is also the Freycinet Marine Farm which has great local oysters and scallops and lots of fresh seafood to try.
- We will then drive to Bicheno for your night’s accommodation at the Beachfront Bicheno
- Here you can also join a Bicheno Penguin Tour depending on the season
- Today your tour will take you up through the East Coast passing through the seaside village of St Helens and I would take you out to Binalong Bay and “The Gardens” amazing granite boulders where you do have views to “The Bay of Fires”
- We would drive across to Launceston via a stop off at the great Aussie Bush Shop – Pyengana Cheese factory for a cheese tasting and to see how the latest technology of milking a dairy cow herd works
- The Pub in the paddock with the drinking pig Pracilla is your next stop
- There is also the beautiful Columba Falls a short walk if you wish
- Your night’s accommodation would be at the Balmoral on York
- Before we leave Launceston I will take you up to Cataract Gorge where you you can experience the Cataract Gorge Chairlift (if you wish) and then a short short walk back through the Cataract Gorge Reserve.
- We will then drive to Cradle Mountain via 41 Degrees South Salmon Farm and Ginseng farm to try a little smoked salmon and also there is some honey tasting at the Honey Farm at Chudleigh and then SILK where is a small silk farm and a combination of freshly made fudge
- Enjoy a tour at the Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary where you see Tasmanian Devils feeding and get to cuddle a very beautiful wombat called Pippin
- Your night’s accommodation in Cradle Mountain will be at The Chateau or Cradle Mountain Lodge
- This morning you can enjoy a 2-3 hr Dove Lake Circuit walk which is quite stunning depending on the weather.
- There are also shorter walks if you prefer as in the Enchanted Forest Walk and also a small walk through the Ginat King Billy Pines at Gustov Warndorfer's museum.
- Discover all about Cradle Mountain national Park at the Discovery Centre .
- We will then leave Cradle Mountain to travel to Deloraine via Sheffield the town of Murals and Railton the small and quaint Topairy Village
- Your night's accommodation would be in historic Bonney Inn B&B in Deloraine
This morning I would take you to the Launceston Airport for your flight out via the Tasmanian Gourmet Sauce Company if a later flight
YOUR TOUR - YOUR CHOICE - YOUR EXPERIENCE
$2133 per person (2 people)
$1251 per person (4 people)
(Quotes given for other numbers)
5 nights in 4-5 star accommodation
inclusive of 5 full cooked breakfasts
Trowunna Wildlife Park Tour
Flexibility while touring
Please not all prices include GST
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence
Facebook Like Button
"I just looked at your blog and it brought back wonderful memories of our trip. We still talk about the wonderful mocca at the Possum Shed and our picnic with the Bruny Island b..."Jean & Bob Evans