Tasmania East Coast to Cradle Mountain
5 Day TOUR
Day 1 Fly into Hobart
Fly out of Launceston
- Today I would pick you up from Hobart Airport and take you on a short tour through historic Richmond and to see the famous Richmond Bridge and to some wineries if you wish.
- If you like Oysters I suggest a visit to the Barilla Bay Oyster Farm if you arrive around lunchtime
- There is also an option of visiting TASALIVE for an Abalone factory tour
- I would also take you on a short city tour of Hobart including Mt Wellington before taking you to your accommodation.
- Your accommodation would be in Hobart
- Today we drive up to Freycinet NP via a stop off at Kates Berry Farm fantastic arrays of local produce – berries – chocolates – jams – sauces and panoramic views.
- Discover the spectacular Hazards – enjoy a short 1 hour walk the top of the wineglass bay lookout and I will drive you up to Cape Tourville Lighthouse with 360 degree spectacular views of Wine Glass Bay and beyond. The views are stunning here.
- There is also the Freycinet Marine Farm which has great local oysters and scallops and lots of fresh seafood to try.
- We will then drive to Bicheno for your night’s accommodation at the Beachfront Bicheno
- Here you can also join a Bicheno Penguin Tour depending on the season
- Today your tour will take you up through the East Coast passing through the seaside village of St Helens and I would take you out to Binalong Bay and “The Gardens” amazing granite boulders where you do have views to “The Bay of Fires”
- We would drive across to Launceston via a stop off at the great Aussie Bush Shop – Pyengana Cheese factory for a cheese tasting and to see how the latest technology of milking a dairy cow herd works
- The Pub in the paddock with the drinking pig Pracilla is your next stop
- There is also the beautiful Columba Falls a short walk if you wish
- Your night’s accommodation would be at the Balmoral on York
- Before we leave Launceston I will take you up to Cataract Gorge where you you can experience the Cataract Gorge Chairlift (if you wish) and then a short short walk back through the Cataract Gorge Reserve.
- We will then drive to Cradle Mountain via 41 Degrees South Salmon Farm and Ginseng farm to try a little smoked salmon and also there is some honey tasting at the Honey Farm at Chudleigh and then SILK where is a small silk farm and a combination of freshly made fudge
- Enjoy a tour at the Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary where you see Tasmanian Devils feeding and get to cuddle a very beautiful wombat called Pippin
- Your night’s accommodation in Cradle Mountain will be at The Chateau or Cradle Mountain Lodge
- This morning you can enjoy a 2-3 hr Dove Lake Circuit walk which is quite stunning depending on the weather.
- There are also shorter walks if you prefer as in the Enchanted Forest Walk and also a small walk through the Ginat King Billy Pines at Gustov Warndorfer's museum.
- Discover all about Cradle Mountain national Park at the Discovery Centre .
- We will then leave Cradle Mountain to travel to Deloraine via Sheffield the town of Murals and Railton the small and quaint Topairy Village
- Your night's accommodation would be in historic Bonney Inn B&B in Deloraine
This morning I would take you to the Launceston Airport for your flight out via the Tasmanian Gourmet Sauce Company if a later flight
YOUR TOUR - YOUR CHOICE - YOUR EXPERIENCE
$2133 per person (2 people)
$1251 per person (4 people)
(Quotes given for other numbers)
5 nights in 4-5 star accommodation
inclusive of 5 full cooked breakfasts
Trowunna Wildlife Park Tour
Flexibility while touring
Please not all prices include GST
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence
Facebook Like Button
"We have recently been taken on a tour through Central Tasmania with Vicki McBride of Tasmania i- Drive and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Vicki is very knowledgeable and is able ..."Colin & Evelyn Burke