Tasmania East Coast Tour of Maria Island -Freycinet NP - Bay of Fires and Ngaratapu National Parks
5 NIGHT 6 DAY TASMANIA EAST COAST TOUR
Departing from Hobart - 8.30a.m.
- You will be picked up from your accommodation and driven to Triabuna to join an eco cruise to Maria island. This is a 3 hr cruise where you see alot of wildlife and explore sea caves and is one of our most untapped islands although depicts so much history. You will marvel at the huge fossilised cliff faces and the chambres of delorite dated back over 250 million years ago.
- After your tour you will be let to roam the island for a couple of hours with it's may short walks and take in some of of the history of the old convict town of Darlington - this was established before Port Arthur.
- You will return to Triabuna via Ferry and your night's accommodation will be in the tranquil setting of Little Swanport at Windsong B&B a quaint spot surrounded in lots of natural forest and native animals....you can even feed a one of the many friendly possums.
- Today we will make our way to the East Coast of Tasmania to Freycinet National Park where you will enjoy many short walks (and longer should you wish). On our way we will stop in at Kate's Berry Farm to treat yourself to Kate's Handcrafted Chocolates or taste her unique range of sumptuous jams, sauces and jellies made from her home grown fruits
- We will then move on to Freycinet NP and on our way you can stop off at the Freycinet Marine Farm to try some local oysters and fresh mussels if you wish. At Freycinet you can enjoy many walks of all gradients and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the panoramic views surrounding you and experience a longer and spectacular walk to the Wine Glass Bay Lookout should you wish
- From here we make our way up through Bicheno, an attractive seaside village for your night's accommodation at Bicheno
- This morning before leaving Bicheno you can take a stroll out amongst the smooth granite boulders to the Blowhole with some fantastic photo opportunities depending on the swell in the ocean
- As your night's accommodation is on a cattle/sheep farm you have self contained accommodation which means you can pick up food along the way.
- A great place to do this is Bicheno before leaving ...some fresh scallops and oysters maybe for later...don't forget I have a fridge on board!
- We set off for St Helens, another fishing village and make our way through Binalong Bay to The Gardens known as the Bay of Fires - the southern end where you have time to walk around a small track and granite boulders surrounded by pristine waters
- Before leaving St Helens a chance to pick up other items for your stay at ICENA.
- We then make our way through to the Pyengana Dairy Company factory which is still making cheese in traditional cloth-bound wheels. We will stop off on the way and visit one of Tasmania's oldest country pubs (circa 1880) called The Pub in the paddock with the beer drinking pig Priscilla!
- We will venture on up through Gladstone to your self-contained accommodation at Icena, located in the Bay of Fires region and bordered by the Great Musselroe River.
- Your night's accommodation is here in ICENA a beautiful property 4 KM away from the Mt William NP
- From your accommodation you have time to explore the surrounding Mount William National Park which is renowned for its abundance of native fauna; Forester kangaroos – Tasmania’s largest native land mammal, wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian Devils are all present and sea eagles soar overhead. The endangered wedge-tailed eagle also nests in the area, making it a bird lover’s paradise. An effortless half hour walk to the top of Mount William NP provides stunning views out to sea of the Furneaux Islands.
- We can also explore Ansons Bay and Eddystone Point Lighthouse, the most easterly point of Tasmania. Here is the start of the famous Bay of Fires Walk. Enjoy a 15 minute walk which takes you onto one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You can spend a good couple of hours just taking it all in.
- Our accommodation at ICENA is perfect to unwind after a big day out and to enjoy a barbeque while taking in the beauty that surrounds you or cook up those scallops with a nice salad.
- Today we travel via Gladstone towards Bridport and on the way stop off at the famous Barnbougle Dunes Golf Links for coffee - this is one of the top Golf Courses in the world set amongst sand dunes
- We will then take a short drive through the beautiful seaside village of Bridport and the gateway for shipping to Flinders Island.
- We will then make our way across through Pipers River and if time allows maybe a little stop at a winery along the way before crossing over the famous Batman Bridge to and making our way to Ngaratapu National Park to view at the local wombats which surround the natural environment here - plenty of photo opportunities.
- Your tour then takes you to Deloraine for your night's accommodation at the historic Bonney Inn B&B
- Today we will set off back to Hobart via the Great Lakes or Launceston depending on your flight out or accommodation booked
- As per usual no matter what route we take I will make it interesting for you
$2268 per person (2 people)
$1436 per person (4 people)
(Quotes given for other numbers)
5 nights accommodation with 3 breakfasts
3 Course Dinner at Windsong B&B
3 HR Eco Cruise Maria Island
Flexibility in touring
Please note all prices include GST
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence
Facebook Like Button
"I have just spent 3 days with Vicki travelling through the Western Tiers and the Tarkine Region . I saw so much more because of her passion and willingness to experience other..."Ange H.H.H.UK Traveller