Platypus and Seahorse World- Launceston Day Tour
Leave Launceston at 9.00a.m.
Return Launceston 5.00p.m. approx.
Your private tour starts at Cataract Gorge in Launceston where you can experience some short walks though the beautiful gardens and if you would like take the chairlift ride across the 1st Basin with stunning views of the amazing delorite gorge and basin below.
- Your Tasmania Tour takes you through the Tamar River Region to the Platypus and Echidna House. Platypus House is a unique Tasmanian attraction being the only venue where visitors may watch Tasmanian Platypuses and Echidnas in daylight conditions in an indoor setting. These little critters are so hard to see in the wild and here you get to see them actively feeding and playing during your guided tour.
- Your next stop is Seahorse World The mystical seahorse has always been a source of immense attraction. However, through fishing and habitat destruction, their numbers have dwindled. Here they are helping to conserve this creature.
- We will then visit the Lavender House where they have been manufacturing Fine Australian Aromatics here since 1991. THE PERFUMERY welcome visitors to watch the workers, meet the makers and enjoy free samples
- Your private tour then takes you through the Eastern Side of the Tamar across the famous Batman Bridge and make our way back to Launceston.
- If you wish there are quite a few wineries in this region to explore as well.
$150 per person (5 people)
$170 per person (4 people)
$205 per person (3 people)
$270 per person (2 people)
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2016
Facebook Like Button
""We can without exception highly recommend Vicki. She organized our five night Tasmania trip from start to finish. We stayed in accommodation that we would normally not choose f..."Tristen Otawa