Tasmania 8 Day Private Tour
Day 1 Thur
- Today we would pick you up from the airport and take you to Richmond an historic Georgian Village boasting the oldest convict built bridge in Australia plus the oldest practicing Catholic Church. On the way we will call into Wicked Cheese for a cheese tasting. We would then take you into Hobart for a city tour before taking you to your Hotel for the night’s accommodation.
Day 2 Fri
- Today we would take you down to the beautiful Huon Valley and we will call into the Willie Smiths Cider and Apple Museum. This is becoming a very large Market for Tasmania Industry. We will then call into the Huon Visitors Centre to have a look as some local craft and also some honey tasting at the Honey Pot and then off to Franklin a small fishing village set on the beautiful Huon River. Here I suggest a visit to the Franklin Wooden Boat Centre which is a school dedicated to preserving the traditional craft/trade of wooden boat building, the history of wooden boats and boat building in Tasmania.
- Afterwards we would take you to Cygnet a small country village for lunch and plenty of time to stroll around this historic township with a few local art and craft stores to have a look at.
- We would then make our way to Hertzview Vineyard for a wine tasting. This is a vineyard with a difference where they make fortitude liqueurs and mead from local berries with no preservatives. There is also the Italian heritage Picker Huts dated back to the early 1930’s which you can have a look at.
- We would then take you back to Hobart for your night’s accommodation.
Day 3 Sat
- Salamanca Markets and the afternoon at MONA David Walsh’s Museum of New and Old Art where you can spend the rest of the afternoon. If you get either the ferry there or back (91 steps)
- We will then return to your night’s accommodation in Hobart
Day 4 Sun
- Today we will make our way across to Strahan a small Fishing Village on the South West of Tasmania. On the way we will stop off at the Tarraleah Hydro Village an old 1920’s hydro village to view the hydro-electric penstocks that plunge over 546 metres down below with spectacular views across the valley.
- We will call into Greg Duncan's famous Wall in the Wilderness - the history of the Pioneer Days of Tasmania being carved in Huon Pine and also the many beautifully carved items as well as an amazing art gallery
- We then venture into the Lake St Clair National Park for a short walk to the edge of Lake St Clair the largest freshwater lake in Australia and the end of the famous Cradle Mtn walk which starts up at Dove Lake in Cradle Mtn Valley.
- We will enjoy a light lunch at the Derwent Hotel out in the wilderness of the Derwent Valley.
- Finally we make our way down through the old Copper Mining Town of Queenstown to Strahan for your night’s accommodation.
Day 5 Mon
- Today you will join a Cruise with World Heritage Gordon River Cruises with a beautiful buffet lunch of local fresh salmon and cheeses from Tasmania and take in this beautiful untouched wilderness of the South West and visit the historic Sarah island Convict Colony and a short rainforest walk .
- After you return Strahan you will have the afternoon to stroll around this delightful fishing village. There is also a short play that night for people who would like called the “The Ship that never was” – a convict story played out in theatre
- Your night’s accommodation will be in Strahan.
Day 6 Tue
- Today we will drive up through the mining towns of Zeehan and Tulla to Cradle Mountain.
- We will take you out to Dove Lake to have a look at Cradle Mountain and there are a couple of short walk options depending on the weather of course. There is also Gustov Warndorfer's museum the Austrian who founded this beautiful National Park back in the late 1800’s . We will also take you into the Discovery Centre which has a photo exhibition at different times and of different aspects of Cradle Mountain.
- You will then be taken to the Cradle Mountain for your night’s accommodation.
Day 7 Wed
- Today we will make our way up to Burnie via the beautiful Guide Falls and then make our way to Hellyers Whiskey Distillery where you will enjoy a fully guided tour through the working distillery and be shown the ingredients and processes that deliver one of the finest boutique single malt whisky's in the world. You'll get to touch and feel the ingredients, smell the latest batch distilling and view the pristine environment in which we make our whiskies, vodka and whisky cream.
- After your tour you will enjoy lunch in their very popular restaurant with stunning panoramic views.
- We will then make our way back to Launceston via Anvers for some chocolate Tasting.
- Your night’s accommodation would be Launceston
- Day 8 Thur
- This morning we would make our way to Cataract Gorge where there is the longest single spanned chairlift in the world which takes you over the Gorge and the beautiful gardens below. There are also a short walk to experience the Gorge if you’d rather.
- We will then make our way up to the West side of the Tamar to the Seahorse World at Beauty Point to join a tour
and learn all about these beautiful and unique creatures. This is a
breeding facility designed to help conserve this creature. You will
then visit the Lavender House where they grow over seventy species and varieties of lavender flowering intermittently from September to May.
The perfumery building allows you the opportunity to observe the manufacturing and processing areas, learn more about the benefits of herbal skincare and enjoy sampling the extensive range of true lavender and aromatherapy products available for sale. We will then cross over to the Eastern side of the Tamar to the Lilydale Larder for a wine and whiskey tasting or afternoon tea if you prefer.
- Tonight’s accommodation will be at Launceston
Day 9 Fri
Today would be your flight out.
An Idea of Pricing for this Tour and Quotes Given for other numbers depending on accommodation availability
For 4 Persons $2440.00 each
For 2 Persons $3915.00 each
Accommodation for 8 nights in 4 star accommodation with 8 breakfasts
Wooden Boat Centre Tour
Hellyers Distillery Tour /Tastings & Lunch
Seahorse World Tour
Wall in the Wilderness Entry
Gordon River Cruise with Buffet Lunch
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence
Facebook Like Button
"We spent an amazing 12 days with Vicki. What makes her an incredible guide is that she hones in on each client"s specific trip expectations and does her best to meet those expe..."Darrell and Jill Shrader