Southern Tasmania Garden Tour
Pick up Hobart Airport
Return Hobart Airport
- After arriving into Hobart I will take you through the city for a short city tour before making our way down south via a beautiful coastal drive passing through Tinderbox and Howden with panoramic views across to Bruny Island and the D'Entrecasteaux Channel. Plenty of sightseeing opportunities.
- Our first garden to visit today are the the Inverawe Native Gardens. They have thousands of colourful native plants, stunning views interpretive signs and birdlife to add to the experience. This garden is situated with gorgeous views out North West Bay.
- We will then visit Brookfield Shed which was built in the early 1940's for the purpose of collecting flower and vegetable seeds for Yates Seeds. The slatted drying floor is still in place. The vineyard was planted in 1992 and produces a Pinot and Chardonnay. Here we will enjoy a light lunch before heading further south and a visit Nutpatch Nougat with to taste some of the most delicious chocolates in Tasmania.
- We will then make our way to your accommodation at Woodbridge Hill Hideaway which is set in amongst 100 acres of of natural bush and 10 acres of newly landcaped gardens. These are self-contained luxury cabins with magnificent views.
- In the morning before leaving you can enjoy the newly established gardens before we drive to the Hartzview Wine Centre incorporating Cafe,
Gallery and Provido where you can explore the restored fruit pickers'
huts - home to workers and their families, and Italian Prisoners of War
in the early 1900s. You can select from a wide range of wines, ports and liqueurs.
- Your next garden to visit will be the Plants of Tasmania Nursery. Here they have a magnificent range of Tasmanian plants from alpine, rainforest, heathland and coast plants including all our native trees including leatherwood, huon pine, sassafras and many more. We will then make our way back to Hobart for your night's accommodation at Corinda's Cottages. Corinda's historic outbuildings are now luxury self-contained cottages stylishly furnished with antiques.
- This morning you can enjoy a stroll around your accommodation with topiary animals and colourful flowerbeds.
- We will then visit the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens with historic features and also a fine restaurant here with panoramic views.
- If you would like, I would suggest a couple of hours at MONA could be an idea before returning to your accommodation for the night.
- I would take you to the airport for your flight out
$2772 per couple (2 persons)
$1882 per couple (4 persons)
Includes 3 night's luxury self-contained accommodation
with 2 breakfast hampers
Private flexible touring for 4 days incl airport transfers
Entrance into Inverawe Native Gardens
Light lunch with glass of wine at Brookfield Vineyard
Tasmania Tours - Private and customised
Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence
Facebook Like Button
"Vicki picked me up at Launceston on a 'tour' to Cradle mountain followed by a walk to St Clair before continuing on to Hobart. Very friendly and helpful in getting me a few thin..."Tony Carr"Happy Walker"